Saturday, April 13, 2019

WE WENT TO A PARTY

Today was all about signing papers and being told all the rules.  The social worker was here for two hours.  One for me and my paperwork and one hour for the kid. 

Once she took off, we took a walk to the supermarket to buy some food.  I still had not bought any food since returning from my vacation.  We needed something!  We bought some vegan Boca Turkey burgers.  They weren't bad. 

Then we drove to a birthday party.  The kid had been invited a few weeks ago.  It was a super fun party.  I was unaware that the party was going to be 4-5 hours long.  We arrived at 4:30 due to a GPS problem where the GPS put in the wrong street name although close in pronunciation, still wrong and sent us 10 minutes away.  The party had a giant bounce house, a unicorn cake and a pinata!  Now the kid wants a bounce house for his birthday.  I hate to break his heart that there is no way to fit a bounce house in my postage stamp backyard.  The kid had a great time and it was hard to tear him away after 4 hours to go home and feed and let the dogs out.

I had planned to sit in the car but the mother of the birthday girl was so nice, she invited me to stay.  The other mothers were the best.  The welcomed me and gave me advice.  The kid has been invited back for a play date.  I am happy for him.  I came home with a homemade poncho and a giant container of vegan beans and rice.  The kid came home with a giant bag of treats from the pinata.  He could have a treat every day for the rest of the month and would still have enough left for another 1/2 of May.  I locked it up and will parcel it out when appropriate.

Until tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!