Monday, April 8, 2019

GOING HOME?

I got to sleep in late and stay in the hotel for a late check out.  I had an invite to go to my cousin's house but I was enjoying my lazy morning.  It may be my last for a long, long time. At 1 pm I checked out and drove to the airport.  I decided I would find something to eat there.  I had plenty of time, I could find something to eat.  Plus I wanted french fries.

I had time to kill and found a place to sit at a table and eat.  Later on I will remember how thankful I am that I ate that big lunch.

I got to my gate and we all boarded the plane.  The doors closed and the pilot came on the speaker to say the tires were bald and needed to be checked and replaced.  That was going to take 2 hours.  Huh?!  I immediately called my brother "the travel agent" and asked for his help figuring out what to do.  The next and last flight out that night from my connection was sold out.  The pilot was not letting anyone off the plane so I could not get a direct flight that had room.  So I was stuck.  My travel agent found me a flight the next morning.

Next thing I know, the pilot says we all have to get off the plane and get on another plane who's flight was cancelled.  So off we go to stand for one hour waiting to board another plane.  Two hours from when they told us it would be two hours to fix the plane, we were boarding the new plane.

We made it to Dallas.  It was hours late.  I had to go find the customer service desk to get vouchers.  Me and one hundred of my closest friends.  I stood for 1.5 hours in line to get a hotel voucher and a food voucher I could not use.

Then we went outside to stand for another 1.5 hours waiting for a shuttle that never came.  I finally got a cab to the hotel and got to sleep about 1 am.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!