Friday, April 5, 2019

SHABBAT AND FOSTER KID

I didn't sleep well.  I think I have a ton on my mind.

I had a free morning to relax.  I did some work and ran an errand for my mom.  I got some food.  I relaxed.

Then at 5 pm I went to Shabbat  dinner and services.  It is the pre-bat mitzvah shabbat services.  It is always so nice to hear the singing even though I don't understand the language.

But I had not gotten the phone call from my social worker before the event started.  I was anxious.  I was nervous.  As time went by I was getting more crazy in my head.  I was clutching my phone during dinner waiting for the phone to ring.  Why haven't they called?  Court was over hours ago.  Of course, the phone rang 20 minutes into Shabbat services.  I saw the phone number and scooted out of the synagogue.  It was my social worker letting me know that she knew nothing about how court went.  WHAT!?  So, no news.  I still don't know.  Will I get him?  Will I not?

But, the child wants to talk to me.  We scheduled the call in one hour when the service would be over.

I was back at the hotel and the phone rang.  It was the child.  He wanted to ask me a few questions.  Did I want to have him in my home?  What did I want him to call me?  Can he have a cellphone?  Can we go to movies?  Can we go to comic-con?    Yes, he wanted to come live with me.

He is moving in on Friday next week.

I went to tell my mother in the hotel room down the hall.  Then I sent an email to friends and family.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!