Saturday, April 20, 2019

MISSING LINK

After a morning of cleaning the house, our social worker came to visit. During the beginning of a placement there are daily phone calls, texts, and emails from a various group of people put in place to support the foster parent and child.  On one hand they are there to support but on another hand it is SO time consuming.  I am trying to hold down my job in less hours then I had before plus I have all these folks contacting me to support me.  I also can't have many of these conversations while the kid is at home.

Then there are the visits.  Social worker visits, case worker visits, clinician visits.  Group meetings.  When am I supposed to work??

The social worker visit was very helpful and she comes on Saturday which I appreciate.  Once she left we went to the movies.  We went to see the Missing Link.  I wish I could say it was a great movie.  I can't because I fell asleep during the bulk of the movie.  I have been super tired lately.  I have to get up at 6:30 every morning for the first time in many years.  It is taking me a while to get used to it.

The kid loved the movie.  He had a medium popcorn and a "regular" cola.  Since when do the movie theaters only have "regular" and large.  What happened to small and medium?   The "regular" is huge.  The kid drank his whole "regular" 15 minutes into the movie and wanted his ticket to go get a refill.  1) I could not find the ticket in the middle of the movie, 2) the regular was enough cola or I would have bought him the large, and 3) I was frustrated that he was interrupting the movie by speaking loudly to ask me for the ticket and I could not figure out why he needed a ticket to go to the bathroom.   I told him I could not find the ticket and he was mad that he had no drink for the rest of the movie.  We will need to have a talk about this one.

We came home and finally watched Goosebumps 2.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!