Monday, April 15, 2019

COVER YOUR EARS, I WILL BE USING ADULT WORD

Monday morning started with a bang.  It was the first day going to his old school but living at my home.  He has to have a driver take him to and from school.  It is a service like Uber but made for kids and the drivers are fingerprinted, screened, background checked, know CPR/first aid, etc.  It was all set up on Friday with assurances that drivers would arrive on Monday.

The kid was sitting with his jacket and backpack on, waiting for the driver at the appropriate time.  It came and went.  I thought the driver was lost since it was the first time.  20 minutes later I got a text that no driver would be coming.  I called them and told the kid to cover his ears because I would be using adult words.  I read them the riot act.  He would be missing his first day of school, they assured me I would have a driver, who calls someone 20 minutes after they are supposed to arrive, what are they thinking....

I ran downstairs, slamming doors, to take a shower and then upstairs to feed the dogs and let them out so I can drive him to school.  Meanwhile figuring out how I can reorganize my day.  Just as I am letting the dogs out, I get a text that a driver is out front.  What??  I guess my "adult words" made an impact.  The kid got to school during 2nd period.  I got to write my first late notice for school as a parent.

The afternoon driver showed up on time but could not find him.  She called me and told me to call him.  I said he doesn't have a cellphone. She finally found him and brought him home.  We are hoping for a better experience tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!