Tuesday, January 31, 2023

WHAT A WAY TO END THE MONTH

The day was going along fairly good and then...Lucky was so excited to get a chewy that she didn't look where she was going. Next thing I knew she she fell down a whole set of stairs. She fell down about 10 stairs. I know because I have fallen down them. She sort of rolled down them. I screamed and ran down after her. She snorted a few times and tried to get the biscuit out of my hand. Darn dog was still focused on the biscuit. 

I held her a few minutes and carried her down to go pee but all she cared about was the biscuit. You would have thought I didn't feed the dog. Then we got back inside, she climbed up the stairs herself, and she seemed fine. Then I looked at her face and her left eye was red. In the outer corner it was red like she got hit. 
I called the the vet emergency line and the nice woman told me to send a photo. She said it looks like a superficial scrape or bruise. She did not need to be rushed to the hospital. What a relief. 

I gave her some of her pain meds and she is sound asleep. I put the baby gate across the stairs so no more falls. 

I swear, I was so scared. When I saw her hit the bottom, I thought this is it, she is gone. But I should have known after the neighbors dog fell from the second floor deck and didn't have a scratch, dogs are resilient. 

Enough for me today. I am supposed to do my shot but I don't think I can stop shaking to do it. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am glad she did not hurt herself badly. Tell her I they have many openings for circus dogs, instead of taking a notion to tumble down the stairs she could have a career.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!