Wednesday, January 4, 2023

SANDBAGS AND LUCKY

I'll start my day at 6:30 am, although my day started much earlier. Lucky was up almost all night. She was staring at me, standing up, moving around, at one point she laid on her side and shook and later looked at me with her tongue coming out of one side of her mouth repeatedly. I thought this was the end. 

At 6:30 am I bundled her up and took her to the vet yet again. I had to wait a bit to see him but we problem solved the situation. He gave her an ultrasound of her belly. Her stomach and intestines are horribly inflamed. No wonder she can't sleep! She must be in horrible pain. She is now on some pain management, anti-nausea and antibiotics, as well as steroids. That should calm things down. 

I brought her home and she still didn't want to eat for hours. Once she ate a few kibble, the medicine went into her mouth. 

In the afternoon I saw there were more sandbags available. I jumped in the car and went to get some. A large amount of rain is expected tonight and tomorrow. There were some detour directions and a long line but I got 5 sandbags. The process was a well oiled machine. It reminded me of getting the first COVID vaccines. A few cars tried to jump the line but city workers caught them and sent them to the back of the line. I waited longer than 30 minutes but the guys load the bags in your car so it was worth it. Now if they came to my house and got them out of my trunk, that would have been worth it! But I can't sneeze at free sandbags. Free in that I paid for them with my taxes. They are sitting in front of my garage door, hopefully, keeping out any water. 

Around 5 pm Lucky miraculously ate some food. Not a lot but some. I just gave her more pain meds so hopefully she will sleep most of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!