Monday, January 16, 2023

MLK JR DAY

 I was so excited to have a day off to lounge around and get some things done. I was going to finish watching a series I was watching, invoice my clients for December, and do some more clearing out of Christmas stuff.  Well, that didn't happen. 

First, something happened with my online calendar and it didn't block out my scheduling system, so someone scheduled a meeting in the morning. Who schedules a meeting on MLK day? It was only for 15 minutes but still. I had to be dressed and ready on video. 

Then, out of the blue, the auto shop called to say the part arrived late on Friday and did I want to bring my car over today? I did the calculations and I could drive my car over to the shop, take a cab back and be ready for the video meeting if I left in 15 minutes. I gobbled down my breakfast and put on my shoes. 

Later in the afternoon I got a call that my car was ready for pickup earlier than expected. I had just walked Lucky so I called a cab and went right over to get the car. They only had to replace one of the two parts. The hose was not leaking. The car is in good condition and now I can make a longer drive without worrying that I would loose power steering. 

While the car was gone, I took advantage of the time and I swept out the garage. So much dirt and leaves flew in in the last few weeks with the storms. 

Lucky Update: She seems to be doing much better. She is more energetic, eating more, barking at things, and wanting to play. This is all good news. She is still on five medications and we need to get her better so she is not taking that many. She hates me when I have to shove medicine in her mouth. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Tell lucky you get a terrific job offer in Indiana. Now it will not pay much (about $25), no travel reimbursement, nothing special to see or do, but darn i do have a garage that needs cleaned up. Lucky might get better immediately so she can go as well?

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!