Tuesday, January 3, 2023

IF YOU HAVE EVER HAD A PET

If you have ever had a pet that you loved a lot, you will understand this post. Last night I barely slept. I had nightmares that Lucky died in the bed. Everytime she stopped snoring I woke up. It was horrible. 

First thing when I woke up I called the vet and asked for the Dr. to call. I had an appointment at 2:30 but I wasn't sure if I should go because it was a tech appointment. I would not be seeing a Dr. Finally I decided to go. I bundled the baby up in the blanket and drove there. Our parking Karma was working and I got a spot right out front. After some discussion I was told to wait for my fav doctor. He was in surgery but he would come out soon. 45 minutes later he came and we solved the issue I think. We agreed the injection she got yesterday was no good. For whatever reason she did not tolerate it. We changed the medicine to one that she used to take. It is the medicine that went bad months ago, but this batch came from the doctors office. He gave her some fluids at my request. 

I took the pup home and immediately raced out to get some sand bags. I was the the first person to be turned away because they ran out. I may go back in the morning. 

I got back home and Lucky started pacing and pacing. She wouldn't eat so I could not give her her medicine. Pacing and pacing. I made her rice, rice and chicken baby food, put out kibble and canned dog food. I even gave her snacks, pretzels and potato chips. Anything to get her to eat. Finally she ate 15 kibble. I shoved that medicine in her mouth. 

Now we are in bed so she can rest. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Again today I see feedly picked up a bunch of older posts. I understand how upset you are about Lucky's health. They are like kids.

    I take it you might be along the West Coast, we have been watching the storms here in Indiana and wondering if we will make out to San Fransisco in March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the weather will be lovely in March on the West Coast. The West Coast will have water again.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!