Saturday, June 20, 2020

DAY 99 BELMONT STAKES

Day 99 since I left the house.

Today was the Belmont Stakes.  If you have been following me for very long you know I am a follower of the Triple Crown.  This year the races have been cancelled due to Covid-19.  They decided to run the Belmont Stakes with no spectators and with social distancing. The winner was Tiz the Law, Dr Post and Max Player.  I wanted Tiz the Law and Max Player.  Max Player had a woman trainer so I wanted her to be one of the top finishers but I knew Tiz the Law was going to win.  He was heavily favored.  The best part of the afternoon was hearing them play "New York, New York".  Love that song! 

The other races have been postponed: the Preakness Stakes will be October 3, 2020 and the Kentucky Derby will be September 5, 2020.

I video chatted with my niece today.  We are making it an every other week event.  She just carried me around on her phone while she sang, played the piano, showed me things, and raided the pantry.  We talk and catch up.  It is fun and interesting.  We sang Happy Birthday to Sunny bird.  It is his 11th birthday.  We gave him two things: a cuttle bone to chew on and a seeded snack to eat.  He seems disinterested and almost mad at both.  I am sure he will come to terms with them.

I got my chips today!!!  Five bags of chips.  I got three bags of Lay's potato chips and two bags of corn chips.  I am SO excited.  Not as excited as I would be if I got Ruffles but still excited.  I ate my sandwich with some chips today.  I am not a huge chip eater but I appreciate a few chips with a sandwich or a burger.  Now I have some!!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!