Thursday, June 25, 2020

DAY 104 RODENTS DEALT WITH

Day 104 since I left the house.

I had the Pest Guy come today and spend over an hour working on the rodent issue.  Here is the low down (and I mean low down):

It seems that the rats/mice are coming from the neighbor's house next door through the wall.  They dug through the wall and entered my house under my front stairs.  They couldn't find anything to eat in my garage (you only have to learn that lesson once in a life time!) and then burrowed through my wall to get to my hallway and then chewed the stripping off my door to get out.  They are not the smartest because if they had gone a few feet down, the door doesn't meet the floor and they could have casually walked/crawled right under the door instead of burrowing through a solid wall.  It would have cost me less too! 

So the guy took cement and filled the holes going to the neighbor's house.  Then he took metal plates and covered the holes made in the sheet rock.  I still need someone to come and fix the stripping on my door but that is an issue for another day.  He then took three traps and put them in places where he saw droppings just in case Marvin the Mouse or Randy the Rat is still lurking about.  Lucky is now banned from the garage for the foreseeable future.  She loves peanut butter almost as much as rodents. 

It wasn't from the chickens after all.  Although the Pest Guy said they were probably looking for food and they got a whiff of the chickens and took off to go find them.  We shall see how this all plays out.  I was super surprised to hear they entered from the neighbors and not from the chickens.  But he is right.  The outside of the door was not chewed at all.  Only the inside.  So they were trying to get out to the chickens.  Doesn't mean they won't try and come back.  Time will tell.  But for the moment I won't have rodent filled nightmares and Lucky won't be sniffing at the door.  Ah, city living.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!