Sunday, June 7, 2020

DAY 86 I HAVE SOME TOMATOES!

Day 86 since I left the house.

Today I went down and really looked at my tomato plant.  I wanted to make sure all the branches (is that what you call them?) were in the frame the right way.  I moved a branch to the next level of the frame and there they were; two tomatoes!  one was the size of a really small Cutie and the other was the size of a quarter.  I also saw three teenie tiny  tomatoes that just started.  I also saw about 15-20 tomato flowers.  I am so excited to have tomatoes coming.  I just love fresh tomatoes and when I grow them myself, it is so great.

I think next year I will talk to my gardener about having some other vegetables planted.  It would be nice to plant lettuce or green beans or peppers.  I hear I could plant them in a planter box and don't need ground space.  An elevated container would be perfect.

Something like this would work really well in my backyard.  I could plant the veggies I want and have a drip water system.  I am getting excited for next year already.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!