Monday, June 22, 2020

DAY 101 STAYCATION?

Day 101 since I left the house.

My presentation went well today.  I stayed up late last night and worked on it.  Sharing documents on Zoom can be wonky. 

The cases in the west coast are going up and our governor has said that anyone 65 or older or if you have a pre-existing condition, you should stay inside.  I was actually thinking of maybe taking Lucky for walks while people were at work but forget that now.  There have been 47 deaths in my area.  It is a small amount considering and in my state there have been many thousands but not in my area.  My area was quick to shut down and quick to wear masks.  It is uncommon to see someone mask-less.  Not like what I see on the news in other areas. 

If this is still wave #1 and it is increasing, I have gotten my mindset ready that this is going to go on much longer than I was hoping for.  Getting out in December is a dream.  I need to get my head around being in here through next June and just hope it is sooner.  I need to work out a plan and organize myself.  Do a little more organizing of Lucky and Sunny.  Finish my emergency plan.  Really get serious about this.  It is not going to be a short term stay at home.

I have been thinking of having a Staycation.  I have heard of people having Staycations before and thought they were interesting but not for me.  Well, maybe they are for me.  If you don't know what a Staycation is, it is a vacation where you stay home.  I am home.  I want a vacation.  Here is how I was going to plan it:
  1. Pick a time when the weather is great!  Now is not the best time, it is too windy and cool.
  2. Maybe send Lucky away.  At least for the day so I don't have to deal with her and she gets lots of exercise. Today she was away all day and she is knocked out.
  3. Blow up my baby pool and fill with water in the backyard.
  4. Clear out the backyard so I can relax.  Put out my folding relaxing chairs.
  5. Put a vacation message on my work email.
  6. Pick a good book.
  7. Order in food and no cooking except for barbecuing.
  8. Make some good mock-tails.
  9. Sleep late.
  10. Take long baths.
  11. Watch movies.
  12. Zoom a few museums.
Doesn't that sound wonderful!  I have to plan this, I think. 

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!