Wednesday, June 24, 2020

DAY 103 RODENTS IN MY WALKWAY

Day 103 since I left the house.

Two days ago I noticed that some rodents had chewed a hole in my wall.  It seemed concerning but not an emergency.  Then yesterday I saw that another wall had the paint chewed off and the rubber around my door chewed off.  This was SUPER concerning.  I called the Pest Guy but it was the end of the work day so I had to leave a message.  The message was an urgent one like "HELP".  Today I must have called four times and kept getting voicemail.  My assumption was he is really busy after being locked down.  He called me in the afternoon and he is coming tomorrow.  I told him he has to distance himself and he said no problem.  I don't need to tell him what to do and I plan to put signs up just in case.  He is going to text me when he gets close so I can unlock the door.  He can call me from downstairs.  We don't have to have any contact at all.  When he is done, I can go down and disinfect the area. 

I think my neighbor with the chickens and I will need to have a conversation.  This is the 4th time I have had a problem with rodents since they got the chickens.  I asked them to move them and they have not.  I think this is the last straw.  The chickens are too close per the city ordinance and we gave it a chance and it is not working out.  They are going to have to move them or get rid of them.   I feel bad because they like those chickens but I think I have been patient. 

We shall see what the pest guy says tomorrow.  I have taken photos for evidence.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!