Sunday, June 21, 2020

DAY 100 LANDMARK

Day 100 since I left the house.

Day 100.  I feel like I hit a landmark.  100 days.  There is an ad here that keeps playing.  It says "Count all of the the hugs you haven't given, all the hands you haven't held, all the dinners you haven't shared with friends, and the trips you haven't taken. Keep track of them. Each one means one less person vulnerable, one less person exposed, and one step closer to a healthy community."   I have started thinking of all the times I would have gone to help a friend in need and I can't.  Or gone to a family function and can't.  Or made a decision to do something but couldn't.  I don't have a list but I am definitely thinking about it.

But I am also thinking of all the people who are helping me by bringing me groceries, buying things at Home Depot and getting them to me, collecting my mail, walking up my steps (when they do not have to) to pick up my mail, taking my dog to the vet, and helping me in so many ways!  How I appreciate them in ways they will never understand. 

I got to talk to some family for Father's Day and some friends for my weekly chat.  I also hung some photos of Happi. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!