Wednesday, June 10, 2020

DAY 89 LOST POSTCARD

Day 89 since I left the house.

I sent one of my photo postcards to someone and they never received it.  My photo postcards are a fun treat.  I get a print of a photo.  I take these postcards that have the "postcard" part on one side and sticky stuff on the other side and I stick the photo to the sticky side.  Then the postcard is my photo on one side and the "postcard" part on the other side.  People love them when they get them.  Only this person never got theirs. 

I got a copy of the photo and put it in a card and mailed it to them today.  It is not as fancy but they still got the photo and I will be more assured they get it.

The USPS is really having problems during Covid-19.  I think with all the postpeople being out sick and some retiring. Then some quitting and some taking time off it has caused them to get backlogged.  Then there is all the people like me transferring their mail.  All the businesses getting their mail delivered somewhere else since their businesses are closed.  It must be madness at the USPS.  Plus the increased Amazon deliveries.  I know I am cutting them a break.  I wasn't at first but now I see all the mess they are dealing with.  My postpeople are the kindest guys (so far all guys) and they stop to pick up my outgoing mail when I have some.  In fact today I started putting the mail on the steps with a rock on top so it won't blow away.  That way I don't have to touch it in front of them or hand my mail to them. 

I am sure some day the postcard will surface all bent up and mangled in one of those plastic bags.  It may be too late for that person who will be moving soon but at least they will have the photo shortly.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!