Saturday, June 6, 2020

DAY 85 POWER OUTAGE

Day 85 since I left the house.

Things were going nicely today. I spoke on the phone with my cousin and my mother. I sat out back and read a book.  Then it happened. A blackout. I was in the garage when the electricity died. I had to feel my way out and get to somewhere with a window so I could see.  I checked my phone and the whole area was out and it was going to be awhile. I immediately checked all my devices for juice.  I do this because once it was a 6 hour blackout and I wanted to conserve if it was going to be a long time. It’s not like I could go anywhere.

I went and go my new (I have had it a few months but this is the first time I’m getting to use it) power battery. It is nothing but a battery to charge your electronic devices. I had not charged it in awhile but it had juice. I started charging my phone straight away.

I used my iPad to watch a downloaded movie. I keep movies downloaded on my tablet for emergencies like this.

The power was out for 1.5 hours. I don’t know what caused it. I was prepared.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!