Tuesday, June 23, 2020

DAY 102 STONEWALL AUTHOR TALK

Day 102 since I left the house.

I have been trying to keep myself busy.  I have signed myself up for zoom author talks, zoom movie festivals, video webinars for work, and an online bookclub.  I figure these are just up my alley.  I like to go to things but I hate to commit.  I like to learn things but I hate to actually attend seminars/classes.  So zoom or online is perfect!  I can sign up and if I change my mind, I can not log on or just cancel and no one will ever know.  I can leave a webinar early and there is no shame.  No getting up out of the chair and slinking to the door while the speaker is speaking or waiting for a break to quickly run out of the room.  I just click the LEAVE button.  Bye! 

Tonight I listened to a speaker who talked about Gay and Lesbian life before the Stonewall Riots.  It was a bit dry but interesting.  I learned some history.  It also made me think of ways to make his presentation more interesting and how to spice it up.  Plus I did some work while he spoke.  I have a hard time doing one thing especially when the one thing is not holding my full attention. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!