Saturday, June 27, 2020

DAY 106 PINK SATURDAY AND MOVIE REVIEWS

Day 106 since I left the house.

Today is Pink Saturday, the day before Gay Pride.  Usually there is a big celebration with people in the streets.  Not this year.  My friends party is obviously cancelled in person but turned virtual.  It starts in a few hours and I will report on it later.  I just wanted to get my movie reviews written while they were fresh in my mind: (if you are not interested in these movies, skip down a bit)

I watched two Gay/Lesbian film festival selections this morning.  Since I have the virtual party this afternoon I wanted to knock out two of the four movies I paid for first thing today.  Last night I had to watch RuPaul's Allstars Drag race to kick off the weekend.  Okay here are my impressions of the movies:

First I watched the what is called Girl's in Shorts; which is a collection of short films.  Some are really short like 3-5 minutes.
  • Break In - It is about sending a text to a person by mistake.  I really thought it was funny.
  • Dinette - It was so weird I am not even sure I can explain it.
  • The Secret Gardener - It was about straight women and it was stupid.
  • CC Dances the GoGo - It was about a gogo dancer and I thought it was really well shot and interesting.
  • I Know Her - It was super short so I can't say anything about it without giving it all away but it was FUNNY!
  • Were You Gay In High School? - It was about high school crushes and I thought it was well done.
  • 6:23 AM - It was about forgetting someone's name.  I thought it was good.
  • Peach - It was about a date or not.  I found it frustrating.
Then I watched a regular length film called Stage Mother.  There was a lot of hype about this movie in the "booklet" online so I decided to view it.  I am SO glad I did.  It was laugh out loud funny  and it made me cry.  It was SO well acted.  I think it should go to theaters.  It stars Jackie Weaver who received Academy Award Nominations for Best Supporting Actress for both Animal Kingdom and Silver Lining Playbook and Lucy Lui who you know from Ally McBeal and Elementary.  It also stars Adrian Grenier from Entourage.  A great cast!  It is a movie about a drag queen who passes away and leaves his drag club to his estranged Southern mother.  I highly recommend it. 

I went to my friend's virtual Pink Saturday to hear a drag queen sing.  It was a 30 minute concert.  It was very nice and she sang one of my favorite songs The Rainbow Connection by Paul Williams.  She does a lovely version of it.  I like The Carpenters version too.  It was a great way to celebrate Pink Saturday.  It is such a cold and windy day, I am find staying inside today!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!