Friday, June 19, 2020

DAY 98 "I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS"

Day 98 since I left the house.

I spent the evening talking to my friend.  We decided to make it a phone call because she was burned out on doing video chats.  We talked for over an hour.   It was nice to catch up and find out how she was doing.  I have a few friends, some who are far away, who I speak to or text on a daily basis.  It is nice to once in a while have a good sit down and chat.  I think a number of my friends are having a really tough time being socially isolated.  I am not sure they have the social interactions I have to keep me okay.

I worry that some of my friends who are not used to being socially distanced for so long are having a really hard time.  I try to help by sending funny texts or pictures.  I call it the Funny of the Day.  For a while I sent inspirational quotes but that got old after the 50th one.  I try to explain to them when they ask me why I am not depressed or going crazy; that I am doing the right thing for me and saving my life by doing this is the right thing for me.  So, I can choose to be down about it or I can choose to be okay with it.  I choose to be okay with it.  I think my mental attitude is important that this is not forever and I can do this as long as it is not forever.  I am healthy and happy.  That is what is important.

I plan for when I get out.  I do everything I can to make my stay here comfortable.  I am blessed that I am in a spacious location with a backyard.  I can be in an outdoor space when the weather permits.  I have a workout space where I can workout.  I have space to buy large quantities of food to store up so I don't have to go to the store for long periods of time.  I am in an area where I can get almost anything delivered if I want to pay for it.  I am super lucky.  I know that.  I am able to work from home.  I know if I was still in my small, dark apartment and my old job from 30 years ago, I would not probably have this same outlook.   I keep all that in the back of my mind when I speak to my friends who are having a hard time.  I don't know what they are going through, I only know what they are telling me and they may be struggling with some hardships.  I just try to be upbeat and positive.  This will not last forever.  Like my niece said "I can't wait for Christmas!"  Of course, she said it because she wants presents.  I want it because we will be that closer to an end to this thing.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!