Tuesday, June 9, 2020

DAY 88 ADDICTED TO ELECTRONICS?

Day 88 since I left the house.

 It has been so hot here.  Okay, not Texas hot but hot for this area of the country.  It was 85 degrees today.  That is hot for this time of the year.  It is not pleasant since there is no air conditioning.  Lucky hates it.  Lucky for Lucky she went away today. 

Lucky needed to go to the vet to get her influenza and covinia shots.  Since I could not take her, the dog walker took her.  She still has some infection and since she will not take any medicine willingly, she has to go in for shots.  She was supposed to get her influenza shot about two months ago but then Covid-19 hit.  So today she had both shots.  As a present, the dog walker took her to the park afterward.  She got to walk around the park for two hours.  She seemed to have a good time because she came home and fell sound asleep.

Teenagers and electronics.  When a teenager is on an electronic device, why is it so hard to get them to put it down to talk to them for 10 minutes?  Even if you want to tell them something exciting, it is like pulling teeth.  I think a study needs to be done on how electronics is a drug to their little growing brains.  I have been told I am mean for making them have a conversation for 10 minutes without a computer in front of them.  I am torturing them.  I am mean if I have it taken away.  Were we ever that way about anything?  I can't imagine there was ever anything we were ever that way about.  I know I hated it when my parents made me put my book down for dinner or to do chores.  I guess I was horrible when I had to put my book down.  But can you be addicted to books?? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!