Tuesday, August 30, 2022

WE WENT TO THE VET THIS MORNING

 I woke up right at 7 am and called and got an appointment at 11 am. We were there right on time and I got a free parking space! The parking gods were looking out for us.  

They looked her over and couldn't find anything obvious. Then I asked them to run blood work and x-ray her back, legs and hips. To do that they had to sedate her so that took about an hour. I had such a good parking spot I decided to stay put. I was outside on a bench on a busy street enjoying the fresh air. I people watched and talked to a few people on the phone. The time flew by. 

They are pretty sure Lucky has some pain in her hips/legs but the initial x-rays do not show anything. They are being sent to a radiologist (wouldn't that be a fun job - radiologist to the dogs) to see if there is anything they are missing. Then there is the blood work to see if anything funky is going on there. 

She is still coming down from the anesthesia and is not happy. She hates anesthesia. She is particularly sensitive to any drug. Years ago I let someone convince me to put her on anti-anxiety meds and they almost killed her. Now I am really careful about how she reacts to meds. If a bottle says to give her 1-5 mg I give her 1mg. It is usually enough. 

Long story short now we wait to see what the tests say. But I have medicine to give her. 

I did get a text that the fence is all here and I should be getting a call tomorrow. I will not hold my breath. I also called the landscaper to make a plan. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!