Friday, August 19, 2022

PROGRESS ON THE FENCE

There has been progress on the fence. I got a phone call from the fence company. I almost fainted. I have been passed the first step and the fence has been shipped to the area. Next week they are going to give me a date. The main guy told me secretly I originally had a date of this Monday. But because I had not passed the first step, they had to push the date back. My fence will only take one day so they can do it rather quickly. 

I had my doctor's visit today with the ENT doctor. I researched what would happen before I went and I was not disappointed. I had a tube put down my nose. Even though it is numbed it is not pleasant. It actually hurt. (although I feel like I can breathe easier now!) He looked and did not see anything. He made me "he he he" over and over again. I guess that makes your throat do a certain thing. No cancer, polyps, or anything else. Good news. 

Now the plan is that I have to get an endoscopy and go see a laryngologist. I need to get an endoscopy to see if the problems (chest pain/voice) are from reflux/heartburn. I am going to see a laryngologist to see if the voice problem is not connected to the chest pain. It seems that this is a more complicated issue than I thought. It may be that my long term use of prednisone could have effected my voice. We shall see. 

I was making dinner when I heard a siren, then another, then another. I went outside and the apartment building across the street was on fire. Long story short seems that someone was barbecuing on the roof and it caught on fire. There were 10 fire trucks and 25 fire people.  It was madness. We all stood there. I tried in vain to reach my neighbor who lives next door to the apartment building. The fire was put out and everyone (including pets) are okay. I think some folks are sleeping in hotels tonight with smoke and water damage. Lesson: don't BBQ on the roof in a drought. 

I finally got inside and was starved. I shelved the idea I had for dinner and made a quick stir fry. 

I just have to show you this absolutely cut photo of Lucky. 

It is her favorite book about dogs "Letters to my dog". 

Until tomorrow...

.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky can read? Wow, I sense America's got talent. But not as a mere contestant of no. She is going to be an official commentator for dogs. She will be a bigger star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky is super smart! I think you have a great idea there!!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!