Tuesday, August 23, 2022

DAY TEN OF THE LANDSCAPING PROJECT

 I met with the landscaper today. I had a lot of anxiety about this meeting. Would he be snobby and treat me like an idiot because I don't know anything about landscaping? Would he talk down to me? Well, I was pleasantly surprised. He was so down to earth. I stated right from the start that I don't know much so I needed him to give me ideas. He came up with some ideas and some that I liked. He also agreed that my backyard did not need enough work to fit his budget for work. He works on much larger projects. My backyard just needs a freshening up. 

The idea is to make more seating space by covering up the pond. It is sad but ponds are a lot of work and they attract other animals. Instead I am going to put in a water feature so I get the water sound without the animals and fuss. That makes me happy. I am also going to get a raised planter to plant veggies. There will be flowering native and water tolerant plants. I am excited and can't wait to get this going. 

I need to get a date for the fence because that has to happen first. I hear the fence in here but there are three rails that had to be sent separate and they are on their way and should be here in a few days. Let's get this moving! 

Lucky and I took a walk and I made two loaves of zucchini bread. I used the same recipe as last time. I had a few zucchinis that needed to get used and zucchini bread seemed like the best way. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. All you need is some bored's? Heck my cousin is bored all the time. Oh wait, you mean boards? Never mind.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!