Saturday, August 20, 2022

UPDATE ON THE NEIGHBORHOOD FIRE

 Today was a day to catch up with the neighbors to find out what happened with the fire. Turns out it was not a fire on the roof of the building. It was the small building next door. They have a small green house type building behind and they have a barbecue in it. I guess they barbecued and forgot to turn the barbecue off and left for the night (or weekend) and a fire broke out. I think it burned the back of the big building. I amend my story: Do not barbecue on the roof of a building AND do not barbecue inside a building AND do not leave the barbecue on when you leave your home. All good rules to live by. 

I waited around for the locksmith to fix one of the locks he installed. It worked but it was loose. When he arrived, my neighbor just coincidentally locked themselves out and he helped them first. It was an old lock and it took him an hour to get into their home. It wasn't the lock as much as it was the latch was old and the mechanism broke.  I have the same sort of latch but I don't use mine. 

Lucky and I went on a walk while we were waiting. Then after the lock was adjusted, I sat outside for a bit and read my book. I am feeling very tired today. 

I made a black olive pizza today. 

It was super good. 

Going to bed now. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Olives? Pizza? Hey I am totally,, well pass. Its not the idea of the olives or pizza, I love those. Unfortunately it is the crust and the carbohydrate they add to my diet. It is difficult for me to control my blood sugar after having crust, and any sort of fat.

    But damn, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!