Saturday, July 2, 2022

PRIDE FLAG MISHAP

Yesterday someone pointed out that my pride flag had started to come off the pole. One of the clasps was not very strong and it failed. I texted my neighbor thinking this would be a quick fix. This morning he came over and we attempted to fix it. 

First, a few years ago I had to move my flag holder higher because someone attempted to pull down my "Resist" flag. So now my flag holder is about 8' off the ground. This makes it tough to take out the flag pole because of the ladder situation. Yes, I have a ladder that tall but I live on an incline and it makes it tricky. That is why I need help. 

We tried with my long ladder and that didn't work. Then another neighbor came by and said she had a better ladder. That ladder was broken. Then my neighbor got his ladder and we tried with him reaching. He was just a bit too far away. 

Then as he was on the phone with his dad asking about a taller ladder, I thought of another plan. What if we took off one of the window screens and I hung out my window. I could take out the flag and then he could fix it. It worked! For about five minutes. The thing he used to fix it failed. We had to reverse the process and take the flag out again and he found another clip to fix the flag. Then I (now I was getting good at it) put the flag back in the holder and tightened everything up. The flag looks great! Something that I thought would take 15 minutes took over one hour. 


That was pretty much my main activity of the day. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a job for anyone especially someone with RA. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of help. The 20 something kid carried the ladder and handed me the heavy stuff.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!