Wednesday, July 13, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 I made something really good today. Spicy Red Rice. I could have eaten the whole pan. It was that good. The recipe called for it to be made from fresh garlic but you know I can't eat garlic. Instead I added sriracha. If you don't know what  sriracha is it is a hot sauce made from hit chili peppers and garlic. The emphasis is on the hot chili peppers. Interesting story: the factory is in CA and the people that live near the factory are not happy when it is hot outside and the wind blows in the direction of their homes because the fumes are so spicy I hear it makes their eyes water.  I hear they took the company to court over it. 

I used a small amount in my spicy red rice to give it a little kick and make it spicy. 

Today I went to see my primary physician. It was good to see him. It has been since Jan 2020. I don't think I saw him in March 2020 when I got sick because of COVID. He sent me to a lab for tests. I am waiting for the results. He thinks my chest pains are from my rheumatoid arthritis. He thinks it is inflammation in my clavicle and back. The pain is radiating to my chest. He thinks the fact that I have not been able to stay on Orencia for any length of time is causing me problems. He said my heel/achillies problem should be solved with my new sneakers but if it isn't I should let him know. He checked my swollen lymph node and said it is still sore but looks almost back to normal so he isn't going to touch it for now. He also looked at my throat and it is probably yeast that has been so bad that it is down in my esophagus. He sent in some meds for that. He sent me to a lab for tests and I am waiting for the results. It was a lot to talk about and a lot to deal with. I feel better now. Unfortunately he announced that he is retiring in 9 months. 😪 

It was a full day and I am tired from all the rushing around. I rushed to get some gasoline in my car before my doctor's appointment. It was the first time I put gas in my car since December 2021. I have a little car and I don't drive it very much. Yes, it still hurt to pay $6.59 a gallon. 

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. The rice looks wonderful, I wish I could eat more rice. I know the RA must be spiraling up. Hopefully your rheumatologist will think about a different biologic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get a new RA doc. Funny now that I am trying to get a new doc, my current doctor called me for an appt. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am trying to get a new RA doc. Funny now that I am trying to get a new doc, my current doctor called me for an appt. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!