Friday, July 8, 2022

DAY EIGHT OF THE LANDSCAPING PROJECT

 I got the results of my stress test. Basically it was all normal. The test said one thing was abnormal but since no one called to explain it to me and only a nurse called me back, I guess it was all okay. They are going to have someone call me on Monday. 

The guy working on the backyard showed up today. I met him outside and we had a talk. I was not mean. I was straightforward. It turns out there was a communication issue mostly on his part. He misunderstood my text (he read it back and clearly didn't read it right when he got it) and then didn't see my follow up text which would have clarified. He also didn't tell me (he thought he did) that he was taking this week off to go up to see his nephew. So there were a bunch of miscommunications. He agreed to send me a text if he was going to go somewhere again and not just tell me. Sometimes we are a floor apart and I can't always hear what he is saying through a mask. We are all good and today he and his friend went to the store to buy somethings but there was a snafu. The things they wanted to buy would not let me buy them online. But while they were there they scoped out the items he will need and got prices and such so it wasn't a wasted trip. 

The backyard doesn't look like much progress was made but digging out 30 year old roots of vines is hard work. Plus he had to measure out the distance for the new posts and dig those holes. The fun never ends. 

I made the rest of the ribs today. It was only a few small pieces. Enough for two meals. On to the next recipe this weekend. I am also going to remake the Beer Mac & Cheese. The dog walker donated another can of beer to the cause. I am going to make it the right way this time.

My neighbor just texted me to see if I smelled smoke outside. I did so now there are fire trucks rushing by. Such excitement. Hopefully it is nothing but someone with a fire pit. We had some young neighbors burning plastic a few nights ago and it smelled horrible. People....

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. That is quit a day for certain. When i was a kid, I used to set my plastic models on fire. My favorite were the battle ships. I would put water in my dad's wheel barrow and float my plastic boats then spray lighter fluid on the water and light it on fire.

    My plastic ships always ended up on the bottom. So don't be to hard on the neighbor kids. Boys, plastic and matches. It is a match made in smelly heaven. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind but these aren't kids. These are 30 year old adults who should know better. The town has a no burning garbage ordinance. Someone wrote them a very nice letter asking them to stop and they were so mean and entitled in return. No one wants to breath burning plastic bottles.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!