Friday, July 1, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 I made vegan coleslaw from scratch. Meaning I didn't use jarred mayo. I made my own dressing to add into the coleslaw. I used green and purple cabbage and carrots. Then I made a dressing and added parsley and roasted sesame seeds on top. It tasted fabulous! Just like something one should eat on a holiday weekend in summer. If only it was summer here. It is 50 degrees and overcast here. Not much like summertime. 


I have enough coleslaw for the weekend. 

Not much happened today because my worker for the backyard has gone AWOL. I am hoping it is just a long weekend thing and not something more serious. I guess I will find out next week. No sense in worrying about it now. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh man I love coleslaw. I seldom get to have it because so many places and people fill it with sugar. Yours looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make it with sugar but agave syrup. Agave syrup or agave nectar is sweeter than sugar, has a lower glycemic index, and has a higher percentage of fructose. While it is less harmful and more natural, people who are closely managing blood glucose should avoid agave. The high fructose content can reduce insulin sensitivity and may worsen liver health.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!