Wednesday, July 6, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

 After such a day yesterday, I had physical therapy first thing this morning. I really wasn't in the mood but I am sure you have me figured out by now that I went in with my usual sense of humor. The physical therapist thought I was funny. It is good someone does! I am usually funny in awkward, stressful and tense situations. Yesterday I was funny too. Get me in an emergency room and I am hilarious!  

 The physical therapy was just mostly an intake so there was not much activity. I was given exercises to do and I will start them tomorrow. I was also told to stop sitting on the couch all day and to use my new expensive ergonomic desk and chair and to start using my stationary bike every day. Gosh, what is this some sort of reeducation camp!  Trying to get me to change my lock down ways. 

I am also ready to show you the exciting thing that I have been working on for a few days: Vegan BBQ "Ribs".  Of course they aren't real ribs but they are sort of similar to BBQ. I used jackfruit as the base and then put in some flour and seitan. Then a load of spices. Then mix and mix. Then sear it and simmer it. Then I refrigerate it overnight in a broth. Then the next day I put it on a baking pan and lather it with the whiskey BBQ sauce and bake it. 

That is completely vegan. Amazing isn't it! And it tastes really good!

I am really tired from the excitement (read it trauma) of the day. I am going to rest up and watch some TV. 

No news from the tests yesterday. I am on pins and needles. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. You know what would go well with that? Yep, coleslaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cole slaw is what the menu called for but I already ate it all! You should plan the menu!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!