Saturday, July 30, 2022

HAPPY 8TH VEGANNIVERSARY

 Today I lugged my coffee table upstairs. I did it very slowly. First I took it out of the box. Then I used my slipper to inch by inch get it out of the garage and through my hallway. The hallway has the giant palate in it so there is not a lot of room. Then once I got past the palate, I put the coffee table on the dog bed and slid it across the room until I got to the stairs. My stairs are carpeted so I took it one stair at a time. When I to the top of the stairs, I had a towel waiting. I put it on a towel and pushed it through three rooms until I got to the living room where I leaned it against a chair. That is where I put it together. I only had to put on four legs and a handle. I was easy and would have been easier had I paid attention when I was putting the first leg on. I didn't look at the numbers and put leg 2 on space 1. This is why I could never be on the Amazing Race. That and a whole lot of other things like I am not a fast runner and I hate eating anything that isn't vegan. 

Anyway, the coffee table is put together and it looks amazing. I love it. I will admit it is not everyone's taste. It is a table made out of reclaimed wood. Wood that was painted previously, sanded down and then stained. The legs are some sort of metal. 

Here is the end table that I put together yesterday. This table has a crank to raise and lower the table. Like the old stools.

Today is also my veganniversary. That is the day you became a vegan. It is my 8th veganniversary. I celebrated by making chocolate chip and walnut cookies. I put a candle in them and blew it out. 


Besides walking Lucky, that was pretty much the whole day. Oh, I watched a movie called Jerry & Marge Go Large. Oh, man it was good. It was a nice PG-13 rated movie. It is on Paramount+ but I am sure it will come on other streaming channels eventually. It is based on the true story about long-married couple Jerry and Marge Selbee, who win the lottery and use the money to revive their small town. It had Annette Benning and Bryan Cranston. I really enjoyed it. I just happen to stumble across it because it just came out, I don't think it is in the movie theaters and I didn't see any advertising for it. I recommend it if you see it on your streaming service or if you have Paramount+. 

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. So much to comment on. First the tables look amazing. bravo on a great choice. Second happy veganniversary. I like meat but I love vegetables just as much. Could I be vegan? Likely not, but who knows.

    Finally, that movie looks so cool. We do not have paramount but actually I have thought about it to see that movie. I did see it advertised int he theater (pre-pandemic), and I thought wow I really want to see that. Hopefully paramount will release ot to over services soon.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!