Saturday, July 23, 2022

LUCKY GOT A FOXTAIL

First thing this morning I look at Lucky and I see this weird thing in her snout. I kind of saw it last night but I didn't really think it was anything. Since I had drugged her last night with painkillers she seemed docile enough that I pulled it out and it was a foxtail. If you live in an area where there are no foxtails you probably don't know what they are. Foxtails are really bad and dogs can pick them up just going on a walk. Foxtails can burrow into a dog's fur, ears, feet, etc. and it can get infected. When I pulled out the foxtail Lucky's snout it bled. I got nervous and I called the veterinarian's office. They told me that I should watch it carefully since I can't really rub alcohol on it or anything since Lucky can get aggressive. So far it looks fine and I think we're probably in the clear.

Today I spent a couple of hours moving furniture around in my bedroom. I've had a vision for a while to move the dresser that has my TV on it to another space. I wanted to do this years ago but I used to have cable and I couldn't have cable in that area. Now that I don't have cable it's easy to have the TV in that space. I also like it because where I had the TV prior the TV is on an angle and I find it hard to watch TV. Now the TV is straight on but I'm in bed. Also now the dog has a dog area where her bed and her "house" cage are located. I've created space to bring a chair for my living room down to the bedroom. I'm super happy with the results and how clean everything is now.
When I was part way through moving all of the furniture, the fence guy showed up. We looked at the area where the fence is and he says it's doable and he will get me a quote by Tuesday. So that made me pretty happy.

That was pretty much my whole day. We organizing and moving all the furniture and cleaning the bedroom took a lot. I sat down in my new chair and got a massage.

Unitl tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Ouch for Lucky. Those things can ruin a dogs day/week/month for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky took it in stride. She is a trouper.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!