Wednesday, November 3, 2021

VEGAN TEMPEH BACON

 I made a toastie (grilled cheese) with tempeh bacon. I have had a tough time with vegan bacon in the past but decided to try this vegan bacon and it is SO much better. It isn't at all like real bacon which I love. It is just the smokey flavor. I made some and put it in the toastie and it gave it a little salty flavor. 

What is tempeh you ask? Tempeh is a traditional Japanese food made from fermented soybeans. It is made by a natural culturing and controlled fermentation process that binds soybeans into a cake form. I have had a love/hate relationship with tempeh but I really like this tempeh bacon. 

I spent the day mostly on the couch taking it easy on doctor's orders. I have a doctor's zoom appointment tomorrow. I will find out more information then. 

By the way, my new microwave is working out great. It is a bit bigger but still fits in the space. It is clear the other microwave was dying. It was heating the dishes and not the stuff inside the dishes.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!