Thursday, November 18, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was my first day baking with the Vegan Baking Essentials Part 2 chapter. I was excited and planned it out this morning. I made Pasteis de Nata - Blitz Puff Pastry with Vanilla Custard. This was originally a Portuguese egg custard tart but to make it vegan there is no egg. The vanilla custard is so creamy and delicious. The puff pastry is just the right crispiness. 


I made 12 of them and right after I took these photos I dropped two of them on the floor. Five second rule. I picked them up and ate them. My floors had just been vacuumed. I am not wasting such awesome food. 

I have a plan to make more delicious desserts but I have to wait until I get my food order for some of them. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Sure, I will take my usual dozen. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! If you were closer, I am starting a home bakery.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!