Sunday, November 14, 2021

VEGAN LEMON COOKIES

 Vegan Lemon Cookies!  I used the lemons that had fallen from my lemon tree when the gardener trimmed the tree. Some of the lemons were green and now they are turning yellow.  The recipe called for lemon extract, what?, yes, lemon extract. I think that is a travesty. I used fresh lemon juice and zest instead and the cookies turned out terrific. It was such a simple recipe that it only took a short time to make them and then glaze them. Next time I will make a double batch.

My cooking course has a new chapter coming out in a few days. Baking Essentials Part 2. I am excited to start baking more strenuous things. Although I had a hard time with some of the easy things lately.

Lucky and I took a walk around the block today. Then we got to the house and Lucky wanted to keep walking. She gets to the bottom of the stairs and puts on the brakes. She won't go up the stairs. This time I gave in and walked two more blocks with her. Then I called it quits to bake the cookies. 

I read somewhere that the best thing to do is to use the timer on your dishwasher so it turns on after peak electric usage hours. I didn't even know dishwashers had timers. Tonight I looked and low and behold my dishwasher has a timer. I set it at 7:50pm when I put my dinner dish inside to turn on at 8:50pm since my peak usage time ends at 9pm. That is a handy thing to know about. I will be using that more often since I tend to forget to turn on the dishwasher after peak usage times. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!