Monday, November 22, 2021

DAY THREE OF PIE PREP

 I woke up and got started on the pie making. First I had to make the pie crusts for the Lemon Pies. I made the mistake of making two pie crusts at once. I put them both in the oven at once. It would have been fine but I made the pie crusts too thick. Lesson learned when making a new recipe: make one first and see how it turns out, then make the rest. The two (I call them First Pancakes) are not terrible. They are just not sellable. So I had to remake the two crusts and then the third. I had some extra crust and made two tarts.

After a break, I made the lemon curd. I learned and made one portion of curd. It was not up to par so I put it in the First Pancake crust. I then fixed the curd and made three more curds. I filled three crusts and the tarts. I will fill the last crust in a day or so. It is for me to eat so I will do it later.

Then after a break I made the Candy Lemons to garnish the lemon pie. This was easy and I hope they turn out okay. I was running out of descent lemons at this point. I used over 20 lemons to make these pies and tarts. Some of them were from my tree and were super small (just over the size of a dollar coin). 

I am on track to finish on time. I have to find a bag to carry them when I deliver them. I have a list of things to do tomorrow morning. 

That was my whole day! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!