Thursday, November 25, 2021

UNPLANNED THANKSGIVING DAY

 What a day! I had a whole plan for today and you know what: shot to h-e-double hockey sticks. The plan went awry when I took the job to make the pies. I have been planning my menu for Thanksgiving for a few weeks but it meant I had to start on Wednesday. Since I made those 5 (really 7) pies on Monday and Tuesday I was exhausted on Wednesday so I did not cook. Instead I had to do everything today. I got my self together and started cooking around 11 am. That was enough time to get it all done if I stayed focused. That lasted about two hours when my friends son called me and said he wanted to come by for a visit. He may not be able to before Christmas due to his new job. I said that would be nice. He and I sat out back for 1.5 hours with our masks on 6' apart. 

When he left I started cooking again but then my mother called and I spoke to her. Then a bit later my brother called. It seems my headset broke this week so I could not use it. Then my cousin called. It was so nice of all these people to think of me on this holiday. 

In between I was putting things in the oven and putting things on the stove and stirring and pouring. I finally got everything done when my cousin called and I ate through our phone call. Sorry about that but I was hungry and it was 7:30pm. 

I made a vegan Thanksgiving. Gratin Dauphinois, Pumpkin Quiche (but I used butternut squash because it was late and I already had some butternut squash cut up) and Wild Rice and Butternut Squash Bake. It all tasted delicious. I have leftovers for tomorrow. I am about to eat my lemon tart with a cup of tea. 



Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. All is well that ends even better. After all who could have planned such great conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very lucky to have a visitor.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!