Friday, November 5, 2021

BACKYARD IS FINISHED FOR NOW

 Today I went to get my root canal finished and my old crown removed. Now I have a post and a temporary crown. In two weeks I will get my "permanent" crown. I use air quotes because I learned that my crowns are not permanent.  They have a life about 15 years. I really need to learn to relax. She told me the slight pain I feel when I touch my face is just bruising and I should stop touching it. We shall see.

Then my gardener showed up and used his pressure washer to clean off my lower deck and stairs. Then my picnic table and chairs. They look like new! Then he cleaned off the slate and bridge. The slate is still dark (he thought he would be able to get it back to it's natural color) but we decided cleaning it should wait until the spring since it seems like it is going to be a rainy winter. Then he went to my neighbors yard and trimmed their tree. He spoke to them while cleaning my yard and asked them if he could trim the branches that hung over into my yard (I didn't realize he was doing this) and they hired him to trim their whole tree.

Over the whole project he cleared out two compost bins and 14 compost bags. This was an amazing clear out. The ivy is basically gone for now. The backyard looks like it did when I moved in (minus the pond). It is so great. Lucky loves to be able to walk and not have plants touch her. She really hates when things are wet and they touch her.

Once the picnic table and chairs are dry I am putting them away for the winter. I started storing my furniture in my cubbyhole for the winter.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!