Friday, November 26, 2021

MY DAY OF REST

 The day after Thanksgiving. I call it "My Day of Rest". I do not go out shopping even pre-Covid. I stay home and away from stores and people rushing around. I watch TV, movies, take a bath and eat leftovers. That is exactly what I did today. 

The only variation today was that I got an unexpected delivery. My power washer showed up today. My old power washer died and I recently had a large garbage pickup and had them take it away. I loaned my old power washer to a neighbor a couple of years ago and unbeknownst to me when he returned it, it was broken. About a year later, I went to use it and it didn't work right. It has been sitting broken for about two years waiting for me to get rid of it. I have a small car so it is hard to remove large items like that. Today the very nice UPS man arrived with my box, went to deliver another package while I made room in my garage for my box, then carried the box it into my garage and placed it in the spot I cleared out. Wasn't that nice?! My Fed Ex guy could learn a thing or two from him. My Fed Ex guy threw my box of canned dog food up my front steps (there are 12 of them) one day. We have come to a truce since then. I think I won him over with with my sparkling personality. Maybe I should try my baked goods??

That was basically my day. It is what I wanted to do and I did it. Tomorrow I will get going on other things like shopping and baking and Christmas stuff. I just wanted one day to tune out the world. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!