Friday, April 2, 2021

DAY SEVENTY-EIGHT OF COOKING COURSE & DAY SIX POST COVID VACCINE

 I got up as usual to do my post office run but then I also had to go to the dentist. Today was the first half of my crown installment. The “prep your tooth day”. The only not so fun part was when they drilled out my very large filling that had cracked, it broke and pieces of filling went everywhere in my mouth, throat, tongue. Yuck! I didn’t look at it but there is very little tooth left. I asked if it was worth it to keep the tooth and she said yes. It’s my last tooth on that side. Would I miss it? Probably not. People get wisdom teeth pulled what’s the difference?  Anyway she did a great job cleaning it out and then building it back up. Now I have a temporary until I go back. 

Then my neighbor next door texted me to see if I really like the ivy on the fence between our properties. Now, if you read this blog you probably know I think ivy is a weed and a home to rats. I told him I would be happy if he wanted to get rid of it. The problem is the roots are on his side of the fence and the ivy is on my side of the fence. Not sure how that happened. Plus there is a fence and attached to the fence on my side is lattice and the ivy has grown in-between the fence and the lattice. He proposed to dig up the roots on his side and then come on my side and chop down the ivy and rip down the lattice leaving the fence exposed. I agreed and he started tonight. It looks great. I am not sure I knew there was a nice fence behind all that ivy and lattice. Now I can plant some cute flowers or something colorful. 

I am on the fermenting section of the Korean chapter. Today I took the Fermenting Rice Drink and finished that. It had been fermenting for two days.

Fermenting
Fermented rice drink
The rice drink didn’t taste as I thought it would. It is hard to explain. I did not like it. I gave some to my friend and dog walker to see what they thought.

Then I took the Mango Vinegar Pickled Limes and drained off the liquid which is now called Mango Vinegar. I used the Mango Vinegar in my next pickling of Pickled Cherry Tomatoes. That has to set for 24 hours.  The mangos and limes that were pickled can be eaten. I tried a mango and it tastes like a tart mango. 
Mango Vinegar Pickled Limes

After 2 weeks

Mango Vinegar

Pickled cherry tomatoes 
It was a fun afternoon. I only have a couple of things left in Korea. I get set back a bit with costochondritis. How am I feeling. Thanks for asking. I was feeling really good at the dentist. Laying down slightly inverted I guess is the best way to lay. It takes the pressure off .  It is feeling better every day. Little by little. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!