Tuesday, July 21, 2020

DAY 130 FAST CAR

Day 130 since I left the house.

I was thinking today of an old boyfriend in high school.  Well, not of the boyfriend buy of his very fast car.  It wasn't a pretty car.  In fact it was an ugly color (I bought a car in the same color years later.)  The color today would be called burnt copper or burnt orange or vermillion.  I don't think they had such a fancy name for it back in the 1970s and 1980s.  I would say it is a cross between pumpkin and rust on a color wheel.

His car was a souped up Camaro with a Corvette engine.  He had it tuned so it made that thump, thump, thump noise when it idled.  He would drag race it some times.  It was so loud I could not sneak in when I came home late because my mother could hear the car coming around the corner.  Thump, thump, thump.

The best part was he let me drive it!  He didn't let anyone drive his car but he let me!  I loved that car.  Maybe I liked that car more than I liked him.  I didn't have a car back then so being able to use his car when he was at work for 8 hours was a dream.  I had to be careful because it was so fast.  I never got a ticket in that car!  I got one speeding ticket and one warning in my mother's car.  Those are the only speeding violations I have ever gotten. 

Anyway, I was watching a TV show today and it had all these fast cars on an episode.  It reminded me of that car and how much I loved driving it.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!