Wednesday, July 1, 2020

DAY 110 FOOD SHOPPING BEFORE THE HOLIDAY PANIC

Day 110 since I left the house.

Today I had food delivered to beat the holiday rush.  I figured people would be buying food soon for the 4th of July holiday weekend and I wanted to make sure I got a few items.  I really didn't need much but I NEEDED bread.  At the last shopping extravaganza the shopping person forgot to get my bread and as a mistake (or maybe not) I got three packs of "English" muffins.  So I have been toasting up the "English" muffins and putting my Tofurky and "cheese" on them for lunch.  It really isn't the same as having it on Jewish rye bread.  It is also a much smaller sandwich.  It leaves me hungry some days. 

I also wanted more ice cream.  What is the 4th of July without ice cream?  Although I went a bit wild and got WAY too many pints of ice cream.  What can I say? They were on sale and I buy more when they are a bargain.  I also like variety.  There were 5 different flavors this time and I wanted all of them.  Who doesn't like "Milk" & Cookies ice cream? Fudge Brownie?  PB & Cookies? Carmel Almond Brittle? Coffee Carmel Fudge?  And there are more flavors that I can't even get here.  I think about the years that I spent in my life with no ice cream and then only dairy free vanilla.  Now there are 15 vegan Ben & Jerry's flavors!  I am going for it every chance I get!  Especially during lock down!  If I can't live it up now, when can I?!   There is even a Netflix & Chill'd flavor.  It is a Peanut Butter Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert with Sweet & Salty Pretzel Swirls & Fudge Brownie.  Sounds amazing!

I also ran the Roomba.  I waited until Lucky went to the park and let it run.  I put the new battery in it a few days ago and let it charge up.  I forgot how much I loved my Roomba.  Happi was so scared of it in her final year, I couldn't run any type of vacuum because the noise hurt her ears.  She would run around screaming.  So the Roomba sat and the battery died.  Now with a new battery, it is zooming around again with renewed vigor!   I am even thinking of putting it back on a schedule for the days Lucky is away so I don't even have to think about it!  Tee hee.  I am weirdly excited about vacuuming. 

I found a dead animal.  Not my animal.  A rodent.  I didn't stop to see what it was and to be honest, I smelled it through my mask before I saw it.  I must have died last night.  Caught in the trap the Pest Guy laid.  I called the guy and he came over, no contact of course.  He was down there a while.  He moved things and made a ton of noise.  The animal made more holes in the wall between my house and the neighbors.  They are coming in from their backyard or garage.  The rodent made holes right next to where he cemented the holes last time.  The trap was right at the base of the hole from last time and I guess he poked his body out and BAMM!  So, the Pest Guy sealed up those holes and laid more traps.  I called the neighbor and told them.  It is a rental and I don't think much will happen.  The owner has moved on with his life.  There is nothing the rodents want in my garage I just think they want to poke around.  They don't seem to be getting into anything except getting out to go to the chickens.  Anyway, hopefully this will end soon.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!