Saturday, July 11, 2020

DAY 120 AUTHORS AND BOOKS

Day 120 since I left the house.

I participated in an author talk about the Native American Indian occupation of Alcatraz in the 1969 - 1971.  It was interesting hearing from adults who were there as children and adults who were there as 20 and 30 year olds.   There were a lot of pictures and stories. 

My new way of listening to these author talks is to do something else while I listen.  I worked on my puzzle while I listened.  I got a section of the top left hand corner finished. 

Lucky did not sleep well last night at all.  She slept in Happi's old bed until 2 am when her "snoring" or not breathing was keeping me awake so I made her get up in bed with me.  I have found that when I wedge something under her head she sleeps better because her breathing is easier.  Think about it this way: when you have a stuffed up nose and you lie down, it is hard to breathe but if you put two pillows under your head you can breathe easier.  That is what I am doing for her.  I am also trying very hard to give her the cough medicine but she hates it. She spits it out and froths at the mouth when I give her even 1 ml of the medicine.  I am supposed to give her 6 ml. 

I enjoyed sitting in the backyard to listen to my audiobook for a little bit of time.  I am enjoying the backyard so much. I am really starting to rethink what I can do to make it better and more enjoyable.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!