Friday, July 3, 2020

DAY 112 TREADMILL

Day 112 since I left the house.

I bought a treadmill.  I used to have a treadmill but it went away.  I have missed that treadmill since I was really the only one whoever used it.

I got this thought a about a month ago; why not buy a new treadmill.  I thought I could probably get a fairly good one pretty cheap.  I can't go outside yet to walk around and even though I have not gained any weight, I have lost muscle and I am getting flabby.  The bike is good but it is a recumbent bicycle that I bought when I was really achy and I was told it would be better.  I guess it is but now that my situation is different I kind of wish I had an upright bicycle to go faster.  I can't go fast on a recumbent bike.  It is not built for speed.  I still use it and can ride miles on it but I average about 11 miles per hour.  

So I thought treadmill!  If I buy a new treadmill it will be like walking.  I can put on some music and walk.  Treadmills these days come with earphone jacks, fans, the internet and all kinds of bells and whistles.  I don't need them.  I already have a TV with access to music and various channels down in my workout space.  I am happy with a basic treadmill.  One that runs so I can walk for miles.  The one thing this one doesn't have is the auto riser but to be honest I never used it on the other treadmill.  I am more of a distance walker than a person worried about going up and down hills.  Plus it folds up which is perfect.  It will arrive in two weeks.  That is if UPS gets it's act together by then.  I hear there are packages piled up at the UPS center.  Maybe I should have paid more to get it here faster?? 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!