Sunday, July 5, 2020

DAY 114 VIDEO CHAT WITH MY NIECE

Day 114 since I left the house.

Today I had my weekly video chat with my group of friends.  Many of them I really didn't know before Covid-19 but I feel like they are my friends now.  They have welcomed me into their group and they remind me so much of a group of friends I had in high school.  I was not in any particular "clique" I was sort of a floater.  I floated between groups.  But there was this hodge podge group of people from different group (band, drama, outcasts, partiers) that hung out and I sort of hung out with them sometimes.  This group on the video chat reminds me of that group.  One person is a nurse, another is taxi driver, another an airline pilot another retired, one lives in LA, another in Minneapolis and a bunch in my city.   

Then I video chatted with my niece.  She is 8 years old and loves to sing.  We have been video chatting about every two weeks for a couple of months now.  Today she wanted to have me on video chat but I mostly saw the ceiling or the wall.   She decided we were going to make up a story.  It was a story about her frog that fell down a hole.  She had to decide what items to put in our backpacks and then climb over a iron fence that was 30 feet high.  We used a bungee cord and I ricochet over the fence.  Then we went to the part of the fence that became a rock wall and climbed down.  Then we went to the hole and it was 500 feet deep.  The rope we had was 50 feet long and we had 40 of them.  So we had enough rope and they all had hooks at one end.  We hooked the rope at the top of the hole and started to climb down.  We tied the ropes together. We got to the first ledge and took a break.  My niece brought snacks in her backpack.  She also brought a battery powered microwave.  She brought chicken noodle soup in a thermos, two types of spaghetti (one with no meat sauce) and drinks. We decided to heat up the spaghetti and eat it.  When we were done, my niece brought out her hose to wash the dishes.  Yes, she also had a hose in her backpack.  There was a place to hook up the hose to water.  Her backpack suddenly became the size of a house. At that point, my dog Lucky joined us by coming down the rope.  Then my bird Sunny flew down to add to the party.  We continued to climb down with one slip to the bottom.  Once we got down to 500 feet, we found the frog.  My niece went in the house and got the shrink-ray gun and two gliders. She put the frog in the house. She then shrunk the house so Sunny the bird could fly up carrying the house.  I put Lucky in my backpack and we both got on our gliders and flew up the 500 feet to the top of the hole to safety.  We then carried everything over the fence and she used the un-shrink-ray to make the house the original size again.  Her frog was saved.  The end.

I am exhausted again.  What a great imagination!!  I had a great time helping her come up with this story but she did most of the work. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!