Monday, September 9, 2019

BLOG CHALLENGE DAY #9

Blog Challenge Day #9

What inspires you?

I am inspired by people who have integrity, who stand by their convictions and are respectful to animals.

I am inspired by beautiful art.  Van Gogh, Munch, Picasso, Pollock, Warhol, Peter Max, and Haring.

I am inspired by the most wonderful areas of the great outdoors: the Painted Desert, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Mount Everest, the Great Barrier Reef, and the Sahara Desert.  I haven't seen them all myself in person but I aim to.

I am inspired by great music - Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Billie Holiday, David Bowie, Janis Joplin, Prince, Bob Marley, Elton John, Tina Turner, Chuck Berry, Donna Summer, Eric Clapton, James Brown, Dionne Warwick, Sting, and Stevie Wonder.  The list goes on.

*******************************************************************************

I went to the orthopedic surgeon today about my wrist.  My wrist is still bothering me since my fall in January.  It has been 8 months and it still hurts when I do this.  When I turn my wrist like I am turning a steering wheel.  I know, so don't turn it.  That is hard to do when I have to drive.

She looked at my wrist.  She looked at my old x-rays from January.  She looked at my MRI from February or whenever.  She saw the fracture on my hamate bone.  She said the hamate bone would have healed by now and would not be causing this pain.

She now thinks I may have torn my TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex).  It is the cartilage structure located on the small finger side of the wrist that, cushions and supports the small carpal bones in the wrist. The TFCC keeps the forearm bones (radius and ulna) stable when the hand grasps or the forearm rotates.

The prognosis is good for healing.  It is not good in the short term.  There are two ways to go.  1) if the tear is just a short tear, they can go in and shave the ligament and then put it in a cast for 6 weeks to stabilize it.  It should heal.  2) The tear is bad and then they have to go in and suture the tear and I will be in a cast for 6 weeks and then 2-4 weeks of rehab.  Either one sounds horrid.  I told her I can live with the pain!  It really isn't that bad.  She said unfortunately it will get worse as time goes on.

She doesn't know for sure this is what I have so they took x-rays today and are doing an MRI next week to see if things have changed since January.

Meanwhile there is nothing I can do but wait.  I guess I can learn to type with one hand. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!