Wednesday, September 4, 2019

BLOG CHALLENGE DAY #4

Blog Challenge Day #4

What are your 5 top distractions and how do you deal with them?

 Distractions.  Oh, I have a lot of distractions.  I work for myself so I have a lot of distractions.  I learned a long time ago that I can find many things to do instead of the thing I am supposed to do.  When I was writing my Master's thesis, I never had such clean and organized closets.  I would do anything but what I was supposed to do; write. 

Now I have some very common distractions:
  1. TV - I watch way too much TV.  Right now I am obsessed with Acorn TV.  That is British television shows.  All those British shows that are shown on BBC or PBS.  I just love binge watching these shows.
  2. Online News - I can waste a lot of time reading the news online.  I get updates and breaking news.  
  3. Facebook/Twitter/Internet - There is so much information out there.  Funny stuff, interesting stuff and stupid stuff.  Suddenly 30 minutes is gone.
  4. Texting friends - I can spend a lot of time texting friends.  Sometimes I have two friends texting me at the same time.  Oi, keeping the two conversations going at the same time.
  5. Puttering - You know what I mean.  Look at a magazine, open mail, get a drink of water, look at your phone, throw a toy for the dog, and suddenly time has passed and no work has gotten done. 
I think one of my biggest problems is dealing with them.  I don't think I deal with them very well.  When I have a deadline, I use these distractions as breaks.  Work for two hours then take a break with 30 minutes of TV while I eat lunch.  Or work for a bit and then text a friend for a short laugh to keep motivated.

When I don't have a deadline I can get distracted pretty easy.  I try to keep my distractions to a minimum but some days I am better than others.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!