Tuesday, September 24, 2019

BLOG CHALENGE DAY #24

Blog Challenge Day #24

If you could have witnessed an event in history, which would you choose?  And why?


If I could have witnessed a day in history I would have witnessed Martin Luther King, Jr. giving his "I Have A Dream" speech during the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on August 28, 1963.  It was such a momentous occasion for people to see a black man on TV or the radio giving an address.  It was a defining moment in the civil rights movement and one of the most iconic speeches in history.  

As a kid I found a magazine that was celebrating an anniversary of the "I Have A Dream" speech and I read it and I kept it for many years.  For all I know, I may still have it.  It meant so much to me reading that speech and drinking in those words.  "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"  I read that to mean that people would not be judged by their skin or their sex or their sexual orientation or their hair color or their weight or their height or their economics or their _______ but by the content of their character.  Even at my young age, I read that to mean that we need to see past all those things and judge people by if they are people who have integrity, are honest, are good, are responsible and are positive.  For me, if my dogs like them.  My dogs are never wrong.

That is where I would want to go if I could.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!