Tuesday, September 17, 2019

BLOG CHALLENGE DAY #17

Blog Challenge Day #17

Love Traveling?  If so, share your experiences.


Do I love traveling?!  I love traveling so much that when I was younger I traveled as much as I could.  Here are some of the experiences of my travels.

  • I went to Panama to visit a boyfriend right before  the 1989 presidential coup. At the time I didn't think anything of it.  It was just weird seeing all these heavily armed military guys walking around and guarding bridges and things.  Not something you saw in the USA back in 1989.  
  • I was in Europe while I was in college and was able to see SHAPE which is the military arm of NATO.  That was super interesting.  I didn't even know it existed.  
  • Also when I was in Europe, I was separated from a boyfriend.  He didn't make it on the train and he had my passport and all our money.  I was thrown off the train miles away from where I got on and had to walk back to the starting point with all of our weekend luggage.  I learned to never give up your passport and money.  You never know when one of you will make it on a train and the other miss it.  
  • I sunbathed naked on a beach in Martinique. I learned to wear sunscreen liberally!
  • I traveled for 20 hours straight (sleeping on a train where some guy played with my feet while I asleep) to make it back to class while studying in Britain.  Beware of who you share your seats with!
  •  I traveled to Wales with my brother E and saw the hardest, biggest raindrops I have ever seen in my life.  We got so wet, I never thought we would get dry and warm again.  We take central heating for granted in the USA.  
  • I did study abroad semester's in both London and Washington, DC.  They were so different but I learned so much each semester.
That is just a few of the stories I have from my travels.  I look forward to traveling again sometime soon.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!