Thursday, September 5, 2019

BLOG CHALLENGE DAY #5

Blog Challenge Day #5
What scares you the most and why?


I am scared most by ants. Some people are scared by snakes or heights or sharks. I am scared by ants. I wrote this story before. When I was a kid I saw a movie about ants that take over an island. They were ants that bite and the people on the island had to burn the ants to live.  Once they set the island on fire the people jumped in the water and had to breathe through straws with their heads under water to survive.  That movie left a lasting impression on me.  I can't stand the thought of ants crawling all over me.

*******************************************************************************

Today I drove to Monterey to spend the night with my parents.  I got a late start due to dealing with my foster kiddo stuff.  I got to Monterey before my parents because they were caught in traffic.  We went to get some food and then went sightseeing.  We went to a candy store and my step-mother bought a bunch of old-time candy.  She ate a piece and immediately her tooth fell out.  There was a bit of a panic to find a dentist at 4pm on a Thursday who would fix her tooth.  She found one and we began walking to the office.  We had no idea that the office was in the next town but we got our cardio for the day!  Once we got that taken care of, we leisurely walked back to the hotel and got in the hot tub.  My step-mother came downstairs quite upset.  She had unintentionally taken my Dad's pill instead of her vitamin.  There were phone calls to figure out what to do before taking her to the ER.  She is spending the night in the ER.  I am relaxing in my hotel room and watching TV.

The day was exciting but not the way I expected.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!